[Tlhingan-hol] -vo' question

André Müller esperantist at gmail.com
Sun Jun 16 15:58:18 PDT 2013

However, there is one example where -vo' isn't used strictly in an only
locative meaning:

chaq SoHvo' vay' vIje' vIneH.
«Maybe I'd like to buy something from you.»

Of course one might still interpret this as "buying something away/off from
you", but it shows that it's possible (probably if a motion is still
implied, which seems also true for your sentences).

But it might still be better to render your two examples with genitive
constructions, thus linking the origin and the theme simply by
juxtaposition.

- André