[Tlhingan-hol] {-Ha'} with {-Qo'}

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Sat Jul 6 04:35:29 PDT 2013

Am 06.07.2013 11:14, schrieb Fiat Knox:
> Grammatically, you can get away with this combination of suffixes. -Ha'
> goes immediately after the verb, which sounds as if that means that it
> is injected just before the Type 1 to Type 9 suffixes; and -Qo' goes
> into the list after all other verb suffixes except a Type 9, so it would
> be injected between the Type 8 and Type 9, and it is considered a rover
> because it is the imperative form of -be'.

I'm not sure if my previous message came through, but I like to point at
the examples in chapter 4.3 which use two Type Rover suffixes on one verb:

pIHoHvIpbe'qu'
pIHoHvIpqu'be'
pIHoHqu'vIpbe'

Anything else about -Ha' and -Qo' has been said by others, so I also see
no problem with lo'Ha'Qo'.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh