[Tlhingan-hol] Soul Sister

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Thu Jan 31 11:56:42 PST 2013

I'd be comfortable saying that if chaj is her name, men can call her
that. It's loosely analogous to men calling each other "buddy" in a
friendly way but if my mother calls a tow truck driver that (she
does, it's hilarious), she means "hey you dork who is about to tow my car!"

I would never call someone "Eskimo" but if I met someone who
introduced himself as "Moses, but call me Eski-moe, everyone does,
'cause I'm Inuit," it would be non-insulting to call him
that.  People would still look at me funny in public, though.

I think  chaj is a pretty good name, and better than qa' be'nI'.  A
heads up that it's going to get misspelled Chaj, and mispronounced chai.

- Qov