[Tlhingan-hol] Tlhingan-hol Digest, Topics: tlhIng yoS

BruceLiu bruce.lx at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 18:26:51 PST 2013

Thank you so much! The resource of klingon is very limited, so once again thank you.

From: felixm at kth.se
To: bruce.lx at hotmail.com; robyn at flyingstart.ca; tlhingan-hol at stodi.digitalkingdom.org
Subject: RE: [Tlhingan-hol] Tlhingan-hol Digest, Topics: tlhIng yoS
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 11:20:06 +0000

> Actually, I usually found a sentence in klingon, and then used the klingon-English
> or English-klingon disctionaries to interpret it.
> And below are the links of the two dictionaries, hope that would be useful for beginners.

http://www.oocities.org/star_trek_unlimited/Language/English-to-Klingon.htm#G

http://www.movies-dictionary.org/Klingon-to-English-Dictionary/

I'm afraid that oocities dictionary contains a large number of errors. For example, it contains words like tLj (board) and pLn (boss) and 'Itil (be advanced), which really should be
«'Itlh», and gay' instead of
jo'mIqta' insstead of «jo'» or
«mIqta'», as well as some odd derived terms such as
adding -«mey» to form the present tense form of verbs.

A quick look at the movies-dictionary one didn't reveal any errors, but it is rather incomplete.

I would recommend using one of the following two sites for word look-up:

http://hol.kag.org (by qurgh)

www.klingonska.org/dict (by maHvatlh)

Both of these are continuously updated, and contain some helpful notes on a lot of the words, as well as sources.