[Tlhingan-hol] whatculture's "10 Things You Must Know When Dating A Trekker"

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Thu Feb 28 07:24:26 PST 2013

Am 28.02.2013 16:03, schrieb David Holt:
> I can't get Mr. Klingon to do it, but this must have been some sort of
> machine look up.

Yes, that is *very* obvious. Unfortunately, even the wedding at Star
Trek London last year was completely done with machine translation, and
it was complete rubbish (like "take this wife" was "tlhap vam be'")

I won't talk about Mr. Klingon again, because this is probably where it
came from. In my opinion, it should be closed. But that' an other topic.

> Remove the apostrophes and "fix" the capitalization and punctuation and
> you get the sentence presented.

Yes, exactly.

>  > Maybe someone can contact the author and correct him
>  > (https://twitter.com/JohndeGruyther). I have no patience for doing
>  > that kind of thing.

I understand what you mean. :-/
And I doubt that anyone might care, or even change that.
What was that story of the guy rolling a rock onto a mountain, and it
always rolled back to the valley...?  ;-)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh