[Tlhingan-hol] QISmaS yIlop

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Sun Dec 15 00:43:01 PST 2013

Am 13.12.2013 17:30, schrieb Alan Anderson:

> It's a name, and I hold that non-Trek names don't need special
> approval from the language's creator.

I do understand what you mean, and partially even agree with you, but I
would like to point out to the NEWBIES and lurkers on this list that
this is not the way the klingon language community has agreed to handle
such names.

First, in a message we should put asterisks on names or fake words so
that beginners recognize noncanon words, as in {DaHjaj *vanta'* tlhutlh
*Qurel*}

Second, there has been some kind of rule (or "suggestion") not to
transliterate any words into klingon, just to avoid confusion.

Don't forget  the list's FAQ:
http://www.speers.nu/Holtej/klingon/faq.htm#2.7
and
http://www.speers.nu/Holtej/klingon/faq.htm#2.11

---

ghunchu'wI'vaD:
Talking about "non-trek names", we were all so happy to get so many new
words in TalkNow, and I'm sure you would not have accepted any of those
words *before* the release of TalkNow!  ;-)

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh