[Tlhingan-hol] Sunlight and Starlight

Bellerophon, modeler bellerophon.modeler at gmail.com
Sun Aug 18 07:49:09 PDT 2013

I'm no canon authority, but I've noticed other compound words that strongly
imply additional vocabulary.

The logic is compelling. Even if it's merely an idiom like "swim meet" or
"track meet" as opposed to the usual noun "meeting" as in "board meeting," {
*maSwov*} implies a noun construct **wov*, making *julwov* and *Hovwov* almost
unavoidable since they're also astronomical light sources. It seems
unlikely to be an idiom, so the noun construct would work with any light
source and there would almost* *certainly be a noun *wov* for light of
unspecified origin. (BTW, why no noun for light if there's a noun *{'otlh}* for
photon?)

Klingons may not make a fetish of logic, but they don't abandon
it completely like humans.

yISIch 'ej yItlhap! narghmeH bIj ngeD law', HevmeH chaw' ngeD puS.

~'eD

My modeling blog:          http://bellerophon-modeler.blogspot.com/
My other modeling blog:  http://bellerophon.blog.com/