[Tlhingan-hol] A few questions about grammar re: adverbials, noun-like words

nIqolay qarpatya' niqolay0 at gmail.com
Tue Apr 23 13:53:18 PDT 2013

Hello! I've got a few questions about some minor points of Klingon grammar.
I've been messing around with Klingon for years, and I try to follow the
KLI mailing list and the updated lists of new words and canon, but there's
still some things I have questions about.
1) Is there any canon, one way or the other, on the acceptability of using
multiple adverbials in one sentence? DaH tagha' qayaj! ("Now I finally
understand you!"), pay' bong Heghpu' ("His death was a sudden accident.")
It seems like it should be acceptable, or at least understandable, but I
suppose that could probably be said about a number of utterances now known
to be non-grammatical.

2) Likewise, can epithets, number words, and quantity words be suffixed
like regular nouns? To what extent would sentences like the following be
permissible:
DujwIj tI'Ha' taHqeq'a'pu'vetlh! ("Those colossal jackasses botched the
repairs on my ship!")
pIj Seng cha'vam ("These two are trouble.")
"Neo", wa''a' SoH ("Neo, you are the One.")
latlhpu' tIvoqQo'. ("Don't trust the others.")
Hochqoq nuja'pu' ("He told us 'everything'." i.e. "He claims he told us
everything but I don't believe him.")