[Tlhingan-hol] Dothraki nugh vIghal

Lieven levinius at gmx.de
Tue Apr 9 13:21:53 PDT 2013

Am 08.04.2013 22:55, schrieb David Trimboli:
> There is no International Committee on the Klingon Language,

Ehm... What about the Klingon Language Institute?

> and I for one would not recognize any such committee's authority to tell
> me what is and is not Klingon.

That's a different point.

The goal of the KLI is to promote the language, but not to create new
words. But I'm sure, if there were some kind of committee, it would be
inside the core of the KLI and in cooperation with Okrand, we could find
a way to officially set up some kind of new source for Klingon words.

Another reason for the language being "stuck" as someone mentioned is
the reason of the licensing. Nobody is allowed to publish anything about
klingon without a licence. That's why there is so few about it.

> In fact, it would be fascinating to watch the two diverge as speakers of
> Living Klingon accepted new words and grammar to handle things that
> Classical Klingon couldn't.

That would be indeed. But that sounds all theoretical and will not
happen, as you said.

--
Lieven L. Litaer
aka Quvar valer 'utlh