[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon language section proposed on Stack Exchange

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Tue Apr 9 10:53:36 PDT 2013

I stumbled onto rather nice website called Stack Exchange ( http://stackexchange.com/ ) a while back. Basically, it's a Q&A community (like Yahoo! Answers, but not as awful) divided into a number of different sections. For example, there's one for sci-fi/fantasy, another for linguistics, a third for robotics, etc.

Now, there's a proposal for a Klingon language section:

http://area51.stackexchange.com/proposals/52617/klingon-language-usage?referrer=N1T0zdirpq4jazD_NAENyw2

However, in order for be accepted, the proposal needs to meet certain conditions (more info: http://area51.stackexchange.com/faq ).
For example, to move on to the next stage, it must have the following:

  *   60 followers (Currently: 15)
  *   40 example questions with at least 10 votes (Currently: 21 questions, 1 with enough votes)

So, if you would like to see this happen, please go to the proposed website and click on "Follow it". You can also propose up to five example questions, and upvote up to five existing example questions.

In doing so, you also help keep it on the front page ( http://area51.stackexchange.com ), which will hopefully attract more people.

I'm a bit pessimistic about this proposal's chances of meeting all the requirements for a Stack Exchange site, but I do think it'd be quite nice if it did. I see some new faces there, and they've come with some good questions, leading me to think this may be a good place to find new students and set them on the right path.

//loghaD