[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: HoQ

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Tue Sep 18 17:05:56 PDT 2012

Rohan is correct that {HoQ} and {Qaq} are absent from paq'batlh, and the uses of {mIl} are exactly those which he mentioned.

The words {quv} (the verb and the noun) appear many times. Some of the more interesting examples, in my opinion:

quvlIj vIchoq
--Translated as "Your honor will be saved,"
[paq'yav, Canto 6]

ghaH rI' 'ej quvmoH
qanra' qamchIy qup'a'
--"He is welcomed by Kahnrah
--Patriarch of Qam-Chee
[paq'raD, Canto 10]

vaSvamDaq
tuq veng je quvvaD
Heghqangbogh SuvwI’ tu’be’lu’’a’
--Is there nobody in this hall
--Prepared to die for the honor
--Of your tribe and city?
[paq'raD, Canto 12]

SoHvaD quvwI’ qem Hegh ‘e’ wIvDI’ Hegh
pop Hevchugh quvwI’
--The honorable will be rewarded
--After death chooses to bring them to you,
[paq'raD, Canto 16]

SoHvaD quv vI'agh
--I will show you honor!
[paq'raD, Canto 21]