[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon at the MLA

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Mon Sep 17 14:31:14 PDT 2012

ghItlhta' Quvar,
> And somehow I remember reading in an article, a serious one, that
> Klingon might be listed or mentioned or accepted somewhere by the MLA,
> which seems to be an important agency for this kind of issues.

Could it be this sentence from KLI.org?

"HolQeD is an academic journal utilizing blind peer review, registered with the Library of Congress, and catalogued by the Modern Language Association."

http://www.kli.org/kli/

Also, there's an article on MLA.org that claims "the MLA Bibliography listed American Sign Language as an invented language in the same category as Klingon".
https://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:G8qmFF4_wZoJ:www.mla.org/adefl_bulletin_d_ade_124_18.pdf+&hl=sv&gl=se&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESjg2uImP1bKAYccw66o5yZFkCcU5gaFzmrtrwspvWQFTwMCLjPPqS5hMMqFOzpQGN9_qS2G9pUK1zSHczyFdP3-HRrmXd0ukRnwNpDkkY9ovuglV-mPycf4ES-3bUl7y4l44pTi&sig=AHIEtbT8W0NjIOTNcLOHtdt1KHLMrMSRQQ&pli=1