[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon at the MLA

Lawrence M. Schoen klingonguy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 17 14:20:09 PDT 2012

On Mon, Sep 17, 2012 at 5:15 PM, Klingonteacher <levinius at gmx.de> wrote:

> By the way, according to wikipedia, Lawrence M. Schoen once guessed the
> number of fluent speakers at 12 worldwide, but it was in 1996. Are there
> new, or better numbers?? If there is, wikipedia needs a reference.

Wikipedia is likely quoting a newspaper or magazine article citing one of
the hundreds of interviews I've given over the past 20 years. And, more
often than not, the reporter mangled many of the details, in every single
published interview.

And too, the real question is how you want to define "fluent." At the most
extreme level, 12 probably isn't that far off. But still...

Lawrence
--
author / publisher / psychologist / klingonist
http://www.lawrencemschoen.com