[Tlhingan-hol] qul tuq.

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sat Sep 1 07:27:56 PDT 2012

loghaD:
> I'll post what I think it sounds like below, but perhaps you want to
listen to it for yourselves before I contaminate your minds with my
thoughts:
/ <http://youtu.be/ljmey6wsmJQ?t=1m>ljmey6wsmJQ<http://youtu.be/ljmey6wsmJQ?t=1m>
?t=1m <http://youtu.be/ljmey6wsmJQ?t=1m>
>[...]
> It's hard to make out, but I think this is what Marc Okrand might have
actually written:

> 'o meQ qul!
> 'o meQ chal!
> reH SuvtaH jaqbogh 'ej yoHbogh(?) ghotpu'.

I heard almost the same thing, except {yoHbogh 'ej tlhab?bogh}, i.e., "the
brave and the free".  Very American, these Taganikans.

(Or maybe it's {reSuvtaH...} "we'll always fight you (plural), you brave
and free people"...)

Also, if I didn't know Klingon I'd have sworn the last two words were "goat
poo".  :-)