[Tlhingan-hol] ramDaq jIQongbe’

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 17:20:02 PDT 2012

quljIb:
> {ramDaq jIQongbe’  jItlhuHlaHtaHchugh.  SuS jo’meH vIlo’ jIQongtaHvIS.  bIq
> vInobnIS 'ej Hoch jajmey vIpuchnIS Qapbogh.}
>
> jang'a' pagh?

ghunchu'wI':
> [...] What did you mean?

quljIb:
> "l cannot sleep at nighttime if I am *not* able to breathe.  I use wind
> machinery (the CPAP machine) while I am sleeping.  I must give it water and
> wash [the mask] every day for it to work properly."

Presumably you derived *{puch} "to wash" from "washroom".  But just
because English-speaking Terrans euphemistically call it a "wash"-room
doesn't mean that Klingons do so.  I interpreted your use of *{puch}
as a verb meaning something like "to defecate", and then thought that
{bI[Q] vInobnIS} must mean something like "I need to pee"!