[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: qoSta'

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Tue Nov 20 01:03:28 PST 2012

>> Klingon word: qoSta'
>> Part of speech: noun
>> Definition: strip, tape (not necessarily sticky)

ghunchu'wI':
> [...] The only examples of the word's use that I'm aware of are recording media. It could very easily be a functional description rather than a physical one.

Perhaps a clue to its meaning lies in the fact that {qoS ta'} means
"birthday deed"?  People often record videos on their (or their young
children's) birthdays.

Or maybe it means "birthday emperor".  Both "birthday suit" and the
"emperor has no clothes" are references to nudity, and celebrities
often appear nude in... never mind.