[Tlhingan-hol] Book of Mormon chapters in Klingon?

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh qeslagh at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 5 17:54:26 PST 2012

ghItlhpu' 'angghal, jatlh:
> A friend brought this to my attention. Apparently several important chapters of the > Book of Mormon have been translated into Klingon by Elizabeth M. Moore.

Some time ago I was alerted to a video on YouTube of a woman singing a song entitled "I Am A Child Of God" to her baby in Klingon:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQDjRrOWEpE

I'd guess that this would be the same one.

> I don't recognize this name,

vIghovbe' je jIH.

> and generally anyone who has put in enough work in the language to take on an
> ambitious translation project will have long since reached out to make contact with
> other speakers, just to have someone to talk to.

Though we've been surprised before. chaDQI', for instance.

Has anyone been in contact with Ms Moore? (I know that there are at least a couple of other Klingon-speaking LDS adherents; I wonder if they've come across these translations.)

QeS