[Tlhingan-hol] Operations Command (was Re: Klingon Word of the Day: pav)

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Wed May 30 07:35:07 PDT 2012

According to my notes, {yo' SeHyaH nIvvo' potlh De' wIHevtaH} "we are receiving a priority message from [Fleet] Operations Command" comes from Okrand's ST5 notes published in HolQeD 8.4:12-13.  If someone has that issue available, s/he might want to verify it for us.

{SeHyaH} [command center, operations, headquarters, etc.] hasn't appeared anywhere else AFAIK.

FYI {SeH} "control (v)" appears as an element in other words:

lolSeHcha		attitude-control thrusters (pl. n)

'eDSeHcha 	take-off/landing thrusters (pl. n.)

SeHlaw  		control panel, console (n)
  jol SeHlaw 			transporter control panel PK
  QeD SeHlaw 			science console KBoP
  Qum SeHlaw 			communications console KBoP

SeHwI'  		controller (n)
  leng Dotlh SeHwI' 	pat flight reaction control system KBoP
  muD ngeb SeHwI' pat 	atmospheric control system KBoP
  pIvchem SeHwI' 		warp field controller KBoP
  tal SeHwI' nguSDI' 	cannon control motor KBoP
  tel SeHwI' jo' 		wing control mechanism. KBoP

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons