[Tlhingan-hol] Fans

Fiat Knox fiat_knox at yahoo.co.uk
Fri May 18 08:16:11 PDT 2012

What term would you use for a "fan," as in a groupie, cheerer, camp follower type of person?

Specifically, what would you use if you only had access to TKD and did not know of the canon noun that I can't remember - was it something like {vIl} - for a kind of person who is just there, like a walking traffic bollard or something?

I've made good use of the verb Ho' *admire* (v);

{Ho'wI'} *fan* (literally, "admirer")
{Ho'wI'pu'} *fans* ("admirers")
{Ho'wI'ghom} *fan club* ("gathering of admirers")

Any good? Because I can see the terms getting mileage from sentences such as

{DaH Ho'wI'pu' vIghaj'a'} *I have fans, now?*
{Ho'wI'ghom Doj Daghajbej} *You certainly have an impressive fan club.*
{chay' Ho'wI'ghom Suqpu' ghaH'e'} *How did /she/ acquire a fan club?*