[Tlhingan-hol] pIvlob Do je (was Re: nuq bop bom: 'ay' wa'vatlh SochmaH vagh: SImchu'ta')

lojmIt tI'wI' nuv lojmitti7wi7nuv at gmail.com
Sun May 13 19:42:52 PDT 2012

MajQa'! bIvalqu'.

In college, I wrote a computer program that calculated a power of a power using only addition and "Do" loops. I started to figure a way to express that in Klingon and realized that the issue at hand here is that math is not just a topic of discussion. It is it's own language.

Until historically recent times, all math was described rather than notated among humans. Klingons likely either use math notation instead of mathematical speech, or they limit their math with their speech. These guys have warp engines and cloaking devices. Likely they are pretty good at math.

Sent from my iPad