[Tlhingan-hol] lurkers / KLBC (Klingon Language Beginner's Corner)

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Thu May 3 04:04:09 PDT 2012

Hi,

Who is the current Beginner's Grammarian?  Is the KLBC (Klingon Language
Beginner's Corner) still a thing?

Just wondering because lately the mailing list seems to be dominated by Qov
(with her gigantic epic) and myself (with my much less epic translations of
short stories).  It occurred to me that any lurkers or beginners just
skimming the list might be intimidated by the deluge of posts containing
paragraph after paragraph of Klingon with very little English.  The only
other kind of post seems to be debates about finer points of grammar, which
again is not exactly friendly to newcomers.  Either way, someone who is new
to Klingon and just started following the mailing list now may get the
mistaken impression that there is no place for beginners, which is
certainly not the case.

So, in the interest of encouraging beginners to participate, if you're
lurking, please introduce yourself and briefly tell us something about
yourself in Klingon.

Also, what do people think of my short story translations?  I'm basically
going through a book (Paul Reps' Zen Flesh, Zen Bones), which I happen to
have, but if anyone is interested in another genre or whatever I'm open to
suggestions.  I was also considering posting a paragraph or a few sentences
at a time rather than an entire story, if that would make the text less
intimidating to read and encourage more feedback.