[Tlhingan-hol] Okrandian inscriptions & dedications

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Fri Mar 30 06:28:30 PDT 2012

Lieven:
> I don't know if that counts for you,

Sure it counts; all Klingon texts and messages from Okrand are useful.  In this case it's the second use of {Dor} "end" and, oddly enough as it has long been used on this list, the very first of {qoS} "birthday" by Okrand.  Also note the contrast of the adverbials {tugh} "soon" with {nom} "fast, quickly".

> but I received this today on my facebook account from Marc Okrand:
>
>   <tugh Dor qoslIj. nom yIlop!>

yIlop! wa'leS chaq maHegh!

> [PS: the typo is his, he has several typos when writing in Facebook,
> so I would ignore this in your records.]

Especially if he's texting using a cell phone.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons