[Tlhingan-hol] wa'maH cha' jatlhwI'pu' po'qu' chaH 'Iv'e'?

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Mon Mar 26 07:31:03 PDT 2012

De'vID:
>> [2] - Has {pabpo'} never appeared in canon?  Strange, I'm sure
>> everyone understands it. I did find it in something written by {HoD
>> Qanqor}.

Lieven:
> I think this was introduced by the KLI - or even Krankor - for the
> grammarians in 1994? An abbreviation of {pabwI' po'} "experienced
> follower of rules"

*{pabpo'} was allegedly Okrand's inscription in someone's TKD.  However Holtej reported that:

"Krankor confided to me at the Las Vegas qep'a' (javDIch?) that *he* (Krankor) made it up, in the early days of the old mailing list (run by Elias Israel). He said that, back in those days, there wasn't as much awareness or concern about not making stuff up, and that this is one usage/convention that has persisted through to this day." (Holtej [7/26/2005])

I also have these Okrand inscriptions in my notes:

  tlhIngan Hol po'
  (MO's inscription in Mark Reed's TKD [?])

This may have been an error for:

  tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI' po'

which is one of several inscriptions Okrand routinely uses.

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons