[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: jajlo'

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sat Mar 10 14:49:31 PST 2012

>> Klingon word:   jajlo'
>> Part of speech: noun
>> Definition:     dawn

Voragh:
> Related words:
> po              morning
> choS            twilight (antonym)

When I met with 'ISqu' and Qanqor last month, we had a
miscommunication because of {choS}.  She had written that she would be
arriving at {choS} on a certain day, which I took to mean morning,
when in fact she meant in the evening.  I'm not sure if this is due to
an English dialectical difference, a Klingon dialectical difference,
or a difference between people who have studied astronomy and people
who haven't.  Among the astronomy community, at least, there are two
twilights in a day, morning twilight ({pem choS}?) and evening
twilight ({ram choS}?).