[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: mI' nagh

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Mon Mar 5 10:51:19 PST 2012

> Klingon word:   mI' nagh
> Part of speech: noun
> Definition:     playing dice, die

Also from Klingon Monopoly:

{pIraqSIS HoS waw' ghajlu'chugh, loSlogh boq'egh mI' naghmey mI'; chen qav'ap.}
"If Praxis Energy Facility is owned, rent is 4 times amount shown on dice."

Voragh:
> I don't know if the following can be used with anything other than aircraft (or spacecraft), but here they are FYI:

> ron             roll, bank (i.e. aircraft)
> ronmoH  [cause to] roll [i.e. aircraft]

> IOW can one say *{mI' naghmey ronmoH QujwI'} "the player rolled the dice"?  Probably not.

mI' naghvaD {ronmoH} lo'bej tlhIngan Monopoly Quj.

Klingon Monopoly confirms {mI' naghmey tIronmoH} for "throw (or roll)
dice".  It's used in the following sentence:

{HoSHal ghajchugh vay', mI' naghmey tIronmoH.  wa'maHlogh boq'egh mI'
naghmey; chen qav'ap.  ghajwI'vaD qav'ap yIDIl.}
"If [energy source is] owned, throw dice and pay owner a total ten
times amount shown."

(The "[energy source is]" part isn't on the card, but it's implied by
context as it follows instructions to the player to move to the energy
source.)