[Tlhingan-hol] KLI CanonHom (was: Facebook Translation Project [FTP]: weekdays)

David Trimboli david at trimboli.name
Fri Mar 2 15:55:25 PST 2012

On 3/2/2012 6:41 PM, Felix Malmenbeck wrote:
>  > To those who want to make lists, I say make them all you want.
>  >
>  > Send me copies.
>  >
>  > Just don't be surprised if no one else wants to use it.
>
> The problem I have with that is that it's not all that helpful when the
> goal is to communicate clearly with a general public.

But is that the goal? Why translate anything into Klingon if the goal is
to communicate clearly with the public?

Clear communication is not the reason we make studying Klingon our
hobby. Yes, you want to communicate clearly when you use Klingon, but if
the goal were simply clear communication, you'd do better to use
English, which everyone on this list (presumably) speaks. Or some other
natural language you have in common.

http://www.trimboli.name/