[Tlhingan-hol] Spelling reform (was: Re: KLI CanonHom (was: Facebook Translation Project [FTP]: weekdays))

Qov robyn at flyingstart.ca
Fri Mar 2 13:05:35 PST 2012

At 12:38 02/03/2012, Michael Everson wrote:
>who believes that the syllable "lIl" should mean 'difficult to
>discern; illegible' in

But it's not. It could only possibly be lay 'It lay.  And it's not
half as bad as my hand-scrawled "they are transmitting you guys
useful data."  (I make long straight qaghwI'mey).

I learned pIqaD about a month before I found out it was now
semi-canon in Monopoly, and would looooove if we could e-mail in
it.  Does anyone else's pIqaD handwriting make people snicker too
much if they label the table?

I have to admit to being on the side of "stupid traditional
orthographies make a language endearing."  I don't even want a
spelling reform for my own reprehensibly spelled language.

- Qov