[Tlhingan-hol] KLI CanonHom (was: Facebook Translation Project [FTP]: weekdays)

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Fri Mar 2 12:22:57 PST 2012

> It's not a "commonly used term"; it's "a term a group of people who have
> more say in the language than you do have decided for you."

The whole idea is to take in words that are either widely used already or become widely accepted the process; if that's not part of it, then we're not discussing the same thing.

>> While I can see where you're coming from, I think you're exaggerating
>> the issue quite a lot. There's already a mountain of "mandatory
>> reading";
> All written by Okrand. KLI publications are not mandatory reading; in
> fact the understanding of grammar in most of them is rather outdated.

A language authority we've chosen to follow. I'm suggesting adding a lesser authority as a utility. You're free to disagree, of course, but I don't think that "It's not Marc" is a very compelling argument (though I can see how it would be a decisive one for many).