[Tlhingan-hol] Verse form of paq'batlh

David Trimboli david at trimboli.name
Tue Jun 26 11:13:56 PDT 2012

On 6/26/2012 2:06 PM, Robyn Stewart wrote:

> On 2012-06-26, at 11:47, David Trimboli <david at trimboli.name> wrote:
>
>> So the fictional situation is identical to the actual situation:
>> paq'batlh is a translation of an English text by Okrand with
>> editorial assistance by qep'a' attendees.
>
> That's actually pretty hilarious, and was a clever way for Marc to
> take the pressure off himself. I'm proud to have helped restore this
> historical document.

I'm not sure that Marc created this fiction, although he was certainly
aware of it (he mentions it in his foreword, but it's fully detailed in
the introduction, which he didn't write).

It is, however, a very entertaining fiction. It reminds me much of the
STAR FLEET TECHNICAL MANUAL, which claims to have been a document leaked
back in time from Star Fleet to the 1970s. Unable to stop the leak, Star
Fleet decides to somehow redact sensitive portions of it (i.e., stuff
that doesn't appear on the TV show and would be too technical for a fan
book). The table of contents remains, however, with tantalizing glimpses
on exactly what you don't get to see.

--
David Trimboli
http://www.trimboli.name/