[Tlhingan-hol] pIqaD in new Trek book

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Tue Jun 12 03:51:14 PDT 2012

Quvar:
>> If made a capture of it here:
>>
>> http://www.qephom.de/klingonbook.png
>
> Adding to my previous message, I noticed that this font seems to match an
> english written Text. I do recognice some parts of it, when comparing to an
> image used on wikipedia, especially "the":
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Klingon-text-sample_2.JPG
>
> here the separate letters:
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Klingonalphabet.GIF

This is interesting.

Does anyone have a transcript of what the SkyBox cards say in the
pseudo-{pIqaD}?  I quickly looked over a few of them, and most of it
is random, but there are some places where there appear to be actual
words according to that mapping, which don't correspond to either the
Klingon or English on the card.

> So if somebody likes to decipher - I'm curious to see what they wrote there
> :-)

I've deciphered enough of it to confirm that (parts of) the original
text is in English.