[Tlhingan-hol] 125,000

André Müller esperantist at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 10:15:20 PDT 2012

We cannot actually infer from the fact that Klingon introduces a new
number-forming element for every additional zero, that it goes on like
this. Thai does a similar thing but stops at "million" (ล้าน [lá:n]). So
there is no new word for 10 million, as one might infer from the pattern,
but one calls it simply สิบล้าน [sìp lá:n] = "ten million". As far as I'm
aware it's even common to speak of ล้านล้าน [lá:n lá:n] = "one million
million".
Anyways, no other choice in Klingon anyway, as we couldn't guess the names
for any higher numbers.

Greetings,
- André