[Tlhingan-hol] Weather infinitives

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Tue Jul 24 07:31:13 PDT 2012

I think it's an elided, unstated subject almost. perfectly analogous to English "it" in the equivalent statement.

I think a Klingon pressured to provide the subject would respond pretty much the way a non-linguistically read  English speaker would: perhaps suggest muD/'eng/chal/qo' or just say that there isn't one, it's just the way you say it.

I think it came about that it works this way in Klingon because Enfludh is Marc's native language and when he isn't going out of his way to find an alien  way to do something, he falls back on what comes naturally to him.

And my iPod just tried to autocorrect him to Hom. :-)

-Qov