[Tlhingan-hol] chIjwI' tIQ bom: {baQ} {DeH} je

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Tue Jul 10 08:37:59 PDT 2012

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 10:19 AM, Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh
<qeslagh at hotmail.com> wrote:
> The English is ambiguous for number too ("with a goodly company"),...

teH'a'? The adjective "goodly" has two meanings. One is "beautiful,
attractive" which I don't think applies well here. In this context, I
am pretty sure it was intended to be the other meaning, something like
"remarkably large or numerous". The phrase "a company" also suggests
to me that he's talking about a group of people rather than a single
companion. Seeing "all together" instead of "both together" later,
along with a description of a multiplicity of worshippers, confirms it
in my mind.

-- ghunchu'wI'