[Tlhingan-hol] Klingon Word of the Day: joQ

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Fri Jul 6 08:58:33 PDT 2012

Worth noting is that the expression <cha'maH cha' joQDu' tu'lu'> (referring to ribs) means something like "Something here doesn't quite add up", and <cha'maH cha' joQDu' ghaj> means something like "There's something fishy about that one."
It's pure speculation, but I wouldn't be surprised if this is a hidden musical metaphor. When I noticed this possible ambiguity, my first thought was "He's/She's missing a string on his/her lute."