[Tlhingan-hol] qIHpu'ghach wa'DIch: 'ay' cha'

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh qeslagh at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 28 21:54:11 PST 2012

jIghItlhpu', jIjatlh:
> Borg ngogh'a' [2],

> [2] Opinions on {ngogh'a'}?
mujang De'vID, jatlh:

> Do you mean on {Borg ngogh'a'} for "Borg cube", or just {ngogh'a'} for "cube"?
Yep, on {Borg ngogh'a'} as a translation of "Borg cube".

taH:
> I don't think "cube" when I read {ngogh'a'}, just a big block (i.e, something with six faces, two perpendicular to each 3-D axis, but not necessarily equal in size).  That may be sufficient to express the idea.
Awesome. That's more or less exactly what I mean.

jangpu' loghaD, jatlh:> I'd argue that Borg ngogh would be sufficient, however; Borg ngogh'a'
would suggest that it was remarkable even by Borg Cube standards
My counter-argument would be that {-'a'} applies only to the word {ngogh}, not the whole phrase, and the {Borg ngogh'a'} certainly is remarkable by the standards of what usually constitutes a {ngogh}. The only canon examples of it to date refer to pillows, loaves of bread, chocolate and building bricks, and the Borg cube beats all of them by a huge margin.

QeS 'utlh