[Tlhingan-hol] Hoghvam qaSpu' 2012-01-24

Robyn Stewart robyn at flyingstart.ca
Fri Jan 27 16:44:25 PST 2012

At 14:10 27/01/2012, you wrote:
>Unfortunately, it seems I HAVE been spreading falsehoods; the fire
>is always hotter on someone else's face, so use some extra on mine.
>
>Somehow I'd gotten into my head that I'd seen {<number> DIl} and
>been frustrated by it, but I've now gone through the box, the board
>and every card of the game, and I can't find anything like it.
>
>Most likely, I got confused due to the existence of the word qav'ap,
>meaning "rent" (noun), and phrases such as {ghajwI'vaD qav'ap le'
>yIDIl.} (Pay the special rent to the owner. [Special in the sense
>that it's twice the normal rent.])

I would think that if you could pay {qav'ap le'} you could pay
{cha'maH DarSeq}.

I haven't read all the cards yet, because not that many came up in
the game, and it seemed a bit like cheating, plus I wanted to
honestly show my qepHomies (who broke the shrinkwrap on the box) that
they could cover the English and I could unrehearsedly read the
Klingon side. Truth be told on some of the more complex cards the
Klingon instructions were CLEARER on what to pay. I hadn't played
Monopoly since I was about twelve, and we never used the hotels or
houses, because my parents said it made the game take too long. I
think it goes faster with raQmey monmey je. ghurtaHmo' qav'apmey tugh
DIllaHbe' vay' 'ej rIn Quj.

- Qov