[Tlhingan-hol] More new words from Maltz

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh qeslagh at hotmail.com
Thu Jan 26 17:33:56 PST 2012

mu' nu'angpu' 'ISqu', jatlh:
> ditch (n) is taSman

jIjangpu', jIjatlh:

 I laughed out loud when I saw this. The pun is immediately obvious to
me as an Australian - I wonder if anyone else got it straight away?

mujang loghaD, jatlh:
> I get that taSman is a reference to Tasmania.

Not Tasmania, but you're not far from it. It'll be referring to the Tasman Sea, which separates Australia and New Zealand. Both Kiwis and us Aussies often refer to the other country as being "across the ditch".

> (kind of like the "other side of the pond" relationship shared by Brits and Ams)?

Yep, exactly like that.

QeS 'utlh