[Tlhingan-hol] boQ

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Thu Jan 26 11:01:47 PST 2012

Not only has it not been contradicted; it's been explicitly confirmed!

http://klingonska.org/canon/search/?file=1994-09-holqed-03-3-a.txt&get=source

==========================

MO: Yeah. And another kind; {boQ}, the verb means <assist> but the noun
    means <aide>, which is the doer or the agent. It's a wholly different
    semantic relationship.

That being said:

> tuqarmoHDI' HIghuH!

[This is probably another case where one's mother tongue comes into the picture: In Swedish, a statement "är rätt" and a person "har rätt", and both sentences and people can "vara korrekta", in the case of a sentence it refers to accuracy, whereas in the case of humans it refers to behaving in an acceptable fashion.
Likewise, a statement "är fel" (is wrong) and a person "har fel" (has wrong). To say that a person "är fel" is usually a grave insult.]

That being said, paq'batlh includes at least one reference to <mu'mey val> ("wise words"), whereas I thought this word referred only to beings, so I've been wrong at least once before.

qurgh, myself and a few others had a delightful exchange on the KIDC forums on whether or not a birthday could be said to be happy: http://www.klingon.org/smboard/index.php?topic=1867.0