[Tlhingan-hol] Newbie question about vIneHbogh construction

David Trimboli david at trimboli.name
Thu Jan 26 08:47:54 PST 2012

On 1/26/2012 10:48 AM, Wiechu wrote:

> qatlh pong wot lo'taH SuStel, vIyajbe'.

You asked about a noun phrase in isolation. The choice of translations
depends on how the noun phrase is used, so I gave it a context. I chose
{pong} simply because it was the first to occur to me.

If you find yourself having trouble translating noun phrases, the
problem may be that Klingon may not encapsulate the complete idea in an
equivalent noun phrase. Instead, look to see if you can put the idea in
a complete sentence without thinking about noun phrases.

http://www.trimboli.name/