[Tlhingan-hol] qIHpu'ghach wa'DIch - 'ay' wa'

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh qeslagh at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 25 16:38:11 PST 2012

jatlhpu' loghaD:

> majQa'!

tlho'. :)

> Since the Klingons likely first heard of the Borg from the Federation, it's likely they'd
 call them Borg or *bor'Iq or *borgh or something.

Initially I transcribed it as {borgh}, but eventually I decided to avoid transliterating any names that didn't already appear in canon. So I've used {janluq pIqarD} and {wo'rIv}, but most of the rest are untransliterated.

jIH:
> povam, Ivor wa' mIDmaj Qaw'lu'

loghaD:
>I believe the most correct way to say "this morning" as a time element is DaHjaj po, but povam should be fine, as well.

bIlughchu'. vIchoH.

jIH:
> tagha' narghpu' wanI' vIHajbogh qaStaHvIS jav DIS

loghaD:
> Rather than nargh, I'd recommend something like tagh

Yeah, I realise now that though {nargh} works, there are better verbs.

> or qaS[choH] (or even qaSchoHmoHlu').

Since brevity is a factor here I'd avoid the latter, but {qaS} definitely works.

jIH:
> Borg'e' - jaghma''e' chaH Qob law' Hoch Qob puS - DIvI' luyot 'e' lutagh.

loghaD:
> Very good rephrasing of "The Borg - our most lethal enemy"!
> That being said, I might recommend something like jaghma''e' Borg Qob law' Hoch Qob puS, 'ej DaH DIvI' luyotchoH.

I'll take that on board. I might skip over {'ej DaH DIvI' luyotchoH}, because the following sentence - "and this time there may be no stopping them" - also begins with {'ej DaH} and I think it might sound a little weird.

Thanks for the comments. Keep 'em coming!

QeS 'utlh