[Tlhingan-hol] qIHpu'ghach wa'DIch - 'ay' wa'

Felix Malmenbeck felixm at kth.se
Mon Jan 23 06:17:56 PST 2012

majQa'!

For "Resistance is futile", I might suggest something like SuHub'eghlaHbe', lo'laHbe' Hub or lo'laHbe' Hub'eghghach.

I enjoy referring to the Borg as *janyIn (like jatyIn, but mechanical). Of course, that's highly non-canon, and even if it were canon it'd probably be a colloquialism. Since the Klingons likely first heard of the Borg from the Federation, it's likely they'd call them Borg or *bor'Iq or *borgh or something.

> povam, Ivor wa' mIDmaj Qaw'lu'
I believe the most correct way to say "this morning" as a time element is DaHjaj po, but povam should be fine, as well.
http://klingonska.org/canon/search/?file=1997-06-29d-news.txt&get=source

> tagha' narghpu' wanI' vIHajbogh qaStaHvIS jav DIS
Rather than nargh, I'd recommend something like tagh (of which wanI' vIHajbogh could be either the subject or the object, depending on if you wish to imply agency) or qaS[choH] (or even qaSchoHmoHlu').
One might also consider restructuring it to avoid the "-taHvIS in a -bogh":
wanI'vam vIHaj qaStaHvIS jav DIS, 'ach tagha' tagh. [I have dreaded this event for six years, but suddenly it begins.]

> Borg'e' - jaghma''e' chaH Qob law' Hoch Qob puS - DIvI' luyot 'e' lutagh.
Very good rephrasing of "The Borg - our most lethal enemy"!
That being said, I might recommend something like jaghma''e' Borg Qob law' Hoch Qob puS, 'ej DaH DIvI' luyotchoH.