[Tlhingan-hol] qIHpu'ghach wa'DIch - 'ay' wa'

Rohan Fenwick - QeS 'utlh qeslagh at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 25 16:32:08 PST 2012

ghItlhpu' SuStel, jatlh:
> If you use {-ghach} in a translation, you should automatically look
> for a simpler way to translate.

A fair point, but I didn't just do it like this because I felt like I had no other alternative. In English, "Resistance is futile" is a very impersonal, imperious and almost overly formal phrasing of the sentiment (of course, considering what the Borg are, that's not surprising) and I was trying to capture some of that sense in the translation.

With that said, I understand where you're coming from. Qov's suggestion of {'omlaH pagh} is excellent and I might go with that.

QeS 'utlh