[Tlhingan-hol] latlh mu' chu'

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 06:40:22 PST 2012

loghaD:
> However, I believe it was in the tlhIngan Hol jatlhwI'pu' Facebook group
suggesting it was based on the Latin mille "thousand", and the Ancient
Greek λόγος (lógos), one of the meanings of which is "word".

> These words have spread wide and far since their original use, so Marc
could certainly have taken them from another set of languages, but Latin
and Ancient Greek strike me as being very likely candidates, as these words
are well-known even among non-speakers, and because I'd wager it's
difficult to go through an education in linguistics without being heavily
exposed to these languages.

Ah, of course, Latin and Greek.  That makes much more sense.