[Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' wa'vatlh wejmaH wej: <qama' mIwmey>

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Sat Jan 21 02:12:49 PST 2012

Quvar:
> rav vIvel jIH. 'oH vIvelmeH tlhIm vIlo'.
> mInDu'lIj vIvel jIH. bIH vIvelmeH ghopwIj vIlo'.

Based on your quote below from MO, {rav vIvel jIH} should mean something
like "I'm lying on the floor", "I'm covering the floor (with my body)".

I think it suffices to say {mInDu'lIj vel ghopDu'wIj}.  (That is, assuming
{vel} can be used in this sense.)  Or if you want to make the doer more
explicit, {mInDu'lIj velmeH ghopDu'wIj vIlo'}.

Quvar:
> FYI, here is the quote from MO:
>
> One can say {rav vel tlhIm} ("the carpet covers the floor"). To to say
"lay a carpet," one says "use a carpet to cover the floor," or {rav velmeH
tlhIm lo}'.  The person who lays the carpet is a velwI' (literally
"coverer, coater, masker").