[Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' wa'vatlh wa'maH cha': <SuchwI' chaw'>

ghunchu'wI' 'utlh qunchuy at alcaco.net
Thu Jan 5 09:25:18 PST 2012

ja' Qov:
> jIQoch. I'm pretty sure nuqDaq is a chunk like QongDaq, not the same word
> as, say nuqDaq DaQeq = what are you aiming at.

TKD section 6.4. Questions (page 69) says otherwise:
| The word for "where?", {nuqDaq,} is actually {nuq} "what?" followed
by the suffix {-Daq} "locative" (see section 3.3.5).

ja'qa':
> Has nuq ever been used in canon as a destination?

Yes, {nuq DaghoS, rIn} from the Morskan outpost in ST5. Scotty got
"what is your destination" out of it. The captions make clear that it
isn't a clipped {nuqDaq ghoS}.

ja'qa':
> I'll evade here with {nuq 'oH ghochlIj'e', HoD?}

Mister Scott would likely approve.

-- ghunchu'wI'