[Tlhingan-hol] nuq bop bom: 'ay' wa'vatlh wa'maH cha': <SuchwI' chaw'>

Qov robyn at flyingstart.ca
Thu Jan 5 09:09:51 PST 2012

No, I'm really not, but I'm ashamed that there must be sufficient
careless ghoS/jaH errors in my writing that you think I don't get the
idea of ghoS. Like you, I was using Klingon before we had
clarification on when to use -Daq with certain verbs, and some
constructions have carried over.

The object of ghoS is a location.  nuqDaq is a word that you put in a
sentence in place of a location in order to ask for the identity of
the missing location.  If I can build a correct declarative sentence
using ghoS, I can build one using nuqDaq.

nuq is a word you put in a sentence in place of an object or a
concept, to ask for the identity of it. An object can be a
destination, so I don't reject nuq DaghoS, but a location can too, so
I accept nuqDaq DaghoS too.

- Qov

Sorry you got this twice, lojmIt tIwI' nuv - forgot to hit reply-all
the first time.