[Tlhingan-hol] Monopoly - New Canon

Terrence Donnelly terrence.donnelly at sbcglobal.net
Sun Jan 1 10:54:19 PST 2012

My wife gave me the set for Christmas, so I may be late to the discussion.

--- On Sun, 1/1/12, De'vID jonpIn <de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com> wrote:

>{le'mIS} n. blockade

Makes me think of a scene from a famous French novel and Broadway musical!

>{ngIq} adv. each (we also saw this from {paq'batlh})

I think this is more likely "a single; one"

>{ghay} v. spray, bombard? (can take {jorwI'} as its object; known >previously from {bIQ ghaywI' pa'} n. shower (room))

Maybe it means "to rain down" ("rain" being metaphorical, not actual rain).

I don't recall if these are on the box or not, but

{vey} I saw this listed as "pack", but given that it refers to both a game box and a wad of money, I think it means more than "pack', and would propose "set", as well.

The box has in pIqaD {naS 'aplo'}, with the English "Contents". Would I be justified in thinking this was supposed to be {ngaS 'aplo'}?

Anyone know what {vabDot} means? "even"? "including"? "also"?

-- ter'eS