[Tlhingan-hol] voDleH Sut chu' (or, paghmo' tIn mIS)‏

De'vID jonpIn de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 23:53:33 PST 2012

loghaD:
> >>One more possibility is 'elwI'pu'Daq chaHtaH cha' tojwI'pu''e'.
> >>("Two tricksters are at the enterers.")

Qov:
> > Again it makes me wonder if they are on them? In them?

loghaD:
> I feel that "among them" is the only sensible way to interpret this, and
that it's therefore unambiguous enough.
> [Well, maybe one COULD interpret it as though they were traveling TOWARDS
the enterers, which would be unfortunate. In that case, tlhej really would
be preferable.
> I was tempted to use [lu]tu'lu', but I didn't want to make it out as
though one had discovered them to be tricksters right from the start.]

{bIQongtaHvIS nItlhejchugh targhmey bIvemDI' nItlhej ghIlab ghewmey}
If you sleep with targs, you'll wake up with glob flies.

{QotDI' gheD tlhejbe' wamwI'}
The hunter does not lie down with the prey.

{targhmeyDaq bIQongchugh, bIvemDI' SoHDaq ghIlab ghewmey lutu'lu'}
If you sleep on targs, you'll wake up with glob flies on you.

{gheDDaq Qotbe' wamwI'}
The hunter does not lie down on the prey.

{'elwI'pu'Daq leng cha' tojwI'pu'}
Two tricksters travel on/in the entrants.  (Maybe they're shrunken like in
the movies "Fantastic Voyage" or "Honey, I Shrunk the Kids".)

{'elwI'pu'Daq chaHtaH cha' tojwI'pu''e'}
Two tricksters are on the entrants.  (Ditto.)

{'elwI'pu' ghomDaq leng cha' tojwI'pu'}
Two tricksters travel in/on the group of entrants.  (Still the possibility
of shrunken tricksters.)

{'elwI'pu' ghomDaq luleng cha' tojwI'pu'}
{'elwI'pu' ghom luleng cha' tojwI'pu'}
Two tricksters travel to the group of entrants. (The {lu-} prefix makes it
clear that {ghom} is the destination.)

{'elwI'pu' tlhej cha' tojwI'pu'}
Two tricksters are with the entrants.

{lengtaHvIS 'elwI'pu' tlhej cha' tojwI'pu'}
Two tricksters are travelling with the entrants.