[Tlhingan-hol] birds (was Re: Klingon Bird-of-Prey Haynes Manual)

De'vID de.vid.jonpin at gmail.com
Tue Dec 18 07:51:38 PST 2012

On Tue, Dec 18, 2012 at 3:40 PM, Christopher Kidder-Mostrom
<cokidder at cbtheatre.org> wrote:
> cha'par ... is a pun on Jazz Musician Charlie Parker who was known as "The
> Bird" and had a bar called Birdland.

Oh, good call!  Possibly also a double pun, per Voragh's note that
"parpar" is the Spanish equivalent of "quack".

This inspired me to look up any "Nash"es related to birds:
> {cha'naS} - a small bird which digs up bugs to eat

And I found: Clarence Charles Nash, long time voice actor behind
Donald Duck.  Although I still didn't find any connections to digging
up bugs to eat.  (Did Donald Duck ever do that?  I thought about
"Bugs" Bunny too but that's a different studio, and his enemy is
Daffy.)

I feel we're getting close to solving this.