[Tlhingan-hol] birds (was Re: Klingon Bird-of-Prey Haynes Manual)

Steven Boozer sboozer at uchicago.edu
Tue Dec 18 07:41:44 PST 2012

Felix Malmenbeck:
> Klingonaase terms pertaining to birds (all from the FASA Ship
> Recognition Manual, 2nd edition):
>
> d'gavama = "bird-of-prey"
>  - Also the K-22 Class V Scout (in FASA canon, Kruge's ship was of type
>    K-22B)
>  - Probably linked to d'ama, which means "predator".

ama   		prey on, stalk (verb)
d'ama 		predator (D-4 class cruiser) FASA
z'mortama   	death stalker FASA (ship class?)

> z'gavasta = "great bird"
>  - Also the L-42 Class IX/X Frigate
> z'gavva = "stronger bird"
>  - Also the D-32 Class VII Cruiser

In my klingonaase notes I have *gav* "bird" - I don't remember if I found this or just derived it from the above ship classes.

FYI More avian klingonaase from various sources:

cherwtl   	bird native to Klinzhai

d'lan   		wing FASA
dath d'lan   	one wing (D-11 class destroyer) FASA

withiki   	bird native to Klinzhai
Withiki   	race of intelligent winged beings within the Empire TFR

--
Voragh
Ca'Non Master of the Klingons